- MLSO Training - July 5 & 6 2019
July 5, 2019 - July 6, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Medical Laser Safety Officer Training
Toronto – Mt. Sinai Hospital
July 5 & 6 2019
Cost: $985.00 + HST
This course will prepare the attendee for the role of Laser Safety Officer (LSO) in accordance with the latest ANSI Z136.3-2018 Standards, Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care, and has been designed to keep you on the leading edge of mandatory laser safety requirements and program administration in Canada.
Upon completion of this course each participant should be able to:
- Discuss laser biophysics and tissue interactions.
- List the safety standards according to ANSI, CSA, Association of Perioperative Nurses, and the American Society for Lasers in Medicine & Surgery.
- Describe the essential steps that must be in place to ensure safety for patients and personnel.
- Describe the roles & responsibilities of the healthcare professional using laser.
- List 3 precautions taken for upper airway laser procedures.
Once complete each participant will receive a certificate, course manual, as well as membership certificate members pin, and a Canadian Lasers Safety member in good standing sticker for your practice. Continental breakfast, coffee/tea, water & afternoon snacks will be provided on both days.
You may cancel your registration 14 days prior to course start date and receive a refund less $150 administration fee. If you must cancel within the 14 days prior to course beginning, Canadian Laser Safety will not issue a refund, however you can re-schedule for a future course within the next 12 months. Failure to give notification prior to course start date will result in forfeit of the entire course fee. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel a course date with 14 days’ notice.
Canadian Laser Safety shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform if any portion of the coaching or training is cancelled because of illness, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Canadian Laser Safety.
Venue: Toronto – Mt. Sinai Hospital
600 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X5